I Didn't Know Chaos Until...

Crazy KidsFour more people moved into my little apartment. Yep... Eight of us. The kids outnumber the adults 3 to 1.

At any given time in this house, when everyone is home, you might see one kid tending his pet frog, one playing a video game, one complaining that "there's NOTHING to do in this HOUSE", one making little car noises as he pushes his car along his Step 2 Action Train Table, one licking the bottom of her shoe and one throwing chicken bits off the side of her high chair. This is on a good day!

The noise level in this house on a Saturday morning exceeds the television with laughs, cries, screams of excitement, coughs and sneezes, fights, and the clanking of cereal bowls.

At times, it's downright comical... At others, it's like slowly being pecked to death by chickens. Peck... peck... peck.

How did this come to be you might ask? Well, my former step daughter and her three kidlets needed a place to live... So, I opened up my place to them. In two weeks, however, they will be on their way to Tampa to live with family. I'm going to miss them tremendously...

But at this moment, as I sit back and drink my coffee surrounded by the continuous childlike anarchy, I will patiently wait for nap-time. Theirs AND mine!
0 Responses